Meghan Trainor said, "Any body type is beautiful; it is all about loving what you got and rocking it, “I agree 100%. Looking sexy is all about attitude and finding the right jeans for your body.
There are so many types of jeans, from skinny jeans to boyfriend jeans, and sadly not all of them will look good on you.
But when you find the right one, it will be like finding the love of your life and then proceeding to live happily after that. In this article, I will give you tips that you can use to identify the right jeans for you.
Without wasting much time, here is how to find the right jeans for your body type.
What Jeans Will Suit My Body Type?
Before we can find the right jeans for you, you will need to know your body type. There are many body types, but we shall summarize them into 4
Rectangle body type - a straight silhouette characterizes this type with narrow shoulder definition, and the hips and shoulders have the same length.
Triangle body type - the body type is characterized by wider hips and a smaller upper body.
Hourglass body type - this body type has a well-defined waist, and the hips and burst are nearly equal in size.
Inverted triangle body type - this body type has broader shoulders than hips with little to no waist definition.
1. Jeans for Rectangle Body Type
Most people with this body type are taller or have long legs. The goal of dressing this body type is to define your waist and create your curves. Here are tips to consider when looking for the best jeans.
Tips for Selecting Jeans for the Rectangle Body Type
The following tips will ensure that you find the perfect pair of jeans
- Go for high-waisted jeans; they will give an illusion of curves.
- Dress for comfort. Consider going for jeans with some stretch for extra comfort.
- Flares add some dimension to your silhouette and are a great flowy option.
- Avoid Baggy jeans unless you want to look like a tomboy
Here are some jeans you may want to purchase
- High-Waisted Jeans-These jeans will define your legs and elongate them and define your hips
- Skinny Jeans- Skinny jeans define your best features, your legs.
- Slim-Fit Slim fit- If you want to look curvier, go for this.
- Bootcut -you want to add a little more oomph to your look, then these are the jeans to go for
2. Jeans for the Triangle Body Type
Already this body type will look good in jeans because of the curvier silhouette. Here you have curvier hips, and the best pair of jeans will highlight this feature.
Tips for Selecting Jeans for the Triangle Body Type
Follow these tips to select the perfect jeans for this body type.
- Go for low-waisted jeans; they accentuate your hips and make your waist look smaller.
- Select jeans with a bit of flare; these are ideal because they will length the look of your legs. You can purchase one from the Essential Style Boutique.
- If you want to appear slimmer, wear denim in dark wash color.
- Avoid Jeans with pockets; they will make your butt look bigger
- Do not wear Jeans with details in the front pocket; you do not want to highlight your hip area with details.
- Stay away from baggy jeans; you will end up looking bigger than you are
Here are some jeans to consider
- Bootcut jeans- these will balance your look so that your shoulders are not highlighted
- High-waist jeans - they will highlight the smallest part of your waist, giving you an hourglass-like shape
3. Jeans for the Hourglass Body Type
Girls with the hourglass figure have a full burst, small waists, and curvy hips. The hourglass figure is considered the quintessential female silhouette in most parts of the world.
If you have this coveted body type, here are the tips on how to find the right jeans for your body type
Tips for Selecting Jeans for the Hourglass Body Type
Follow these tips to find amazing jeans for your body type
- Jeans with a slight flare on the legs will balance out your silhouette.
- Low-rise jeans will look great and are ideal for highlighting your hips.
- A pair of skinny jeans is what you need to show what your mamma gave you.
- Go for very dark or black denim if you want to look an inch or two smaller
- Avoid wearing extra-tight jeans; they will make you look bigger
The perfect jeans for this body type are
- Bootleg- these jeans will highlight your perfect figure and balance out your upper body and lower body
- Skinny jeans are great for this body type; they highlight your hips and make your waist appear smaller.
4. Jeans for the Inverted triangle body type
The aim of dressing this body type is to elongate the figure and direct the attention away from the midsection.
Tips for Selecting Jeans for the Inverted Triangle Body Type
Here are some tips to get the perfect jeans for your body type.
- Go for jeans with an elastic waist, and these jeans will perfectly fit your tummy region.
- Mid-rise jeans are perfect because they will not highlight your tummy area.
- Avoid high-waisted jeans because they make your tummy look bigger
- Low-waisted jeans will give you a muffin top effect, so stay away from these
This body type tends to have slimmer legs. So which type of jeans is best for skinny legs?
- Jeans with side pockets- this type of jeans will make your hips look curvier, and they will reduce the focus on your broad shoulder
- Boot-cut jeans - the jeans will give you a curvier appearance and thus balance out your shoulders
- Wide-legged jeans - this will add volume and space to your bottom and thus balance out your top
Finding the right jeans for your body type is not that easy. Many people select jeans based on fit and end up not looking great.
A perfect pair of jeans will make you feel like a million bucks. But first, know your body type and follow these tips to find the perfect fit. If you are still shopping around, the Essential Style Boutique has jeans for all body types.
You can take an online test if you are unsure of your body type.